SCHOOL DISTRICT #54 (BULKLEY VALLEY)
VICE - PRINCIPAL
HOUSTON SECONDARY SCHOOL- TWAIN SULLIVAN ELEMENTARY
School District No.54, located in the beautiful Bulkley Valley of Northwestern BC, seeks a visionary, innovative Vice - Principal to join the school communities of Twain Sullivan Elementary School, and Houston Secondary School. These schools are located on a single site in Houston, B.C., and are projected to serve approximately 365 elementary and secondary students in the 2017-18 school year. The successful candidate will be an experienced, passionate and exemplary educator of secondary and elementary students with demonstrated leadership qualities. He or she can expect to work collaboratively as part of a two person administrative team to promote a culture that fosters learning, inquiry and engagement at the school and the district level.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative leader who is interested in a K-12 learning environment, who is also an experienced secondary and elementary school educator who leads change and educational transformation. The successful candidate will be working with schools that are developing innovative practice using skilled staff, a strong community presence and beautiful location to move learning forward for students in cross-curricular and project-based practice. The Principal will have exemplary organizational and planning skills, and have a thorough knowledge of BC public schools and the BC Ed Plan.
The preferred candidate for this position will have:
- previous administrative and/or demonstrated instructional excellence and leadership at the elementary and secondary level;
- a Master’s degree or proven enrolment in a Master’s program in educational administration or curriculum and instruction;
- ability and a strong commitment to fostering a positive, supportive, and effective school culture and climate;
- successful experience working with Aboriginal students and communities with successful implementation of the local culture into the school;
- effective organizational, conflict resolution, interpersonal and communication skills;
- knowledge and experience in creating classroom and school experiences and structures that support inclusion and success of all students;
- ability to lead innovative teaching and assessment practices such as Project Based Learning, Self-Regulation, Response to Intervention, Assessment for Learning and 21st Century teaching and learning strategies;
- proven ability to support “vulnerable” learners;
- demonstrated ability to support students, consult with parents, and work collaboratively with staff and community agencies;
- the ability and willingness to be an integral participant in school and district initiatives;
- strong technology literacy and demonstrated ability in its application for instructional and administrative purposes;
Individuals interested in this administrative opportunity are invited to submit by 3:00 pm, Friday, June 16, 2017, a letter of application and resume (including three employment references) to:
Bobbie Kingsmill, Human Resources Administrator
School District #54 (Bulkley Valley)
P.O. Box 758
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0
Interested applicants are asked to contact Mr. Mike McDiarmid, Assistant Superintendent School District No.54 (250) 877-6831, for additional information regarding this position.